Shadows of the Hist DLC is the fifth game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). The DLC launched in the year 2016 on July 29th for PC/Mac, and August 15th for both the Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Shadows of the Hist DLC adds new sets, as well as two new Dungeons, Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows.
What is the Shadows of the Hist DLC ?
- Join the Argonians of the Dark Brotherhood in their battle against a cadre of rogue assassins threatening to hurl all of Black Marsh into bloody chaos. Fight your way through the Cradle of Shadows to uncover the secrets of the twisted Silken Ring! Cradle of Shadows is a 4-player group dungeon featuring both Normal and Veteran modes. Can you defeat its boss and claim its head as a new monster mask?
- Venture into Mazzatun, the "Puzzle City" of the Argonian Xit-Xaht tribe. The tribe has been forcing other lizardfolk to work as slave labour on a twisted project that is slowly driving them insane. Overcome the slavelords and free their helpless victims before it's too late! Ruins of Mazzatun is a 4-player group dungeon with a Normal and a Veteran modes and valuable rewards, including a new monster mask.
ESO Shadows of the Hist Review
Read the article here
Shadows of the Hist DLC Base Game Patch Features & Content
After purchasing the Shadows of the Hist DLC game pack, a base-game patch will also be included at no cost. The Shadows of the Hist base-game patch will include the following:
- Text chat for console players!
- Aetherian Archive and Hel Ra Citadel Trial improvements, including Normal and Veteran modes, revamped rewards, and level scaling
- Dragonstar Arena improvements, including increased monster difficulty and revamped rewards
- The ability to trade bind-on-pickup items to group members in dungeons and Trials
- Cyrodiil Town capture: The towns of Cropsford, Vlastarus and Bruma can now be captured! Each town contains three flags to capture and control, one with no guards, one with a few guards, and one that is heavily guarded, similar to district flags in the Imperial City. Capturing a town grants an Alliance another place to respawn from PvP deaths and access to town merchants selling purple-quality gear for Alliance Points.
- Costume Dyeing (exclusive to ESO Plus members)
- Dye Stamps, Style Parlor (Crown Store)
- New hairstyles, adornments and body markings that can be purchased in the Crown Store.
- Champion Point cap increase, from 501 to 531
- Rebalancing and adjustments to Racial Passive abilities
- Improved rewards from Undaunted reward chests (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)
- Improved Clothier Surveys
- New achievements for completing Hel Ra Citadel and Aetherian Archive at Champion 160
- Ability tooltip tags that display the primary role for certain abilities
- 17 updated item sets that now drop at Champion 160
- Four new crafting styles:
Shadows of the Hist DLC Gallery