Differences between PC and Console versions of Elder Scrolls Online are covered on this page.
Most Notable Console differences
- UI redesign. The Console design matches previous Elder Scrolls games such as Skyrim, which was optimized for consoles.
- Controls. The control scheme for consoles is optimized for TVs and to take advantage of the controllers.
- You can select Emotes directly from your menu and assign them to a quick slot on your radial menu.
- Console version has Voice Chat
- Console version features a Group Finder, that allows you to find a group based on "any", level, dungeon and difficulty.
- Console has no Add-Ons
- Console version is region-locked for DLC and Expansions (Morrowind).
- Console Eso Plus is more expensive than PC Eso Plus
- Will a monthly subscription be required to play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited?
No. After the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the only requirements for PC/Mac players is a copy of the game, an internet connection, and a valid game account. For console players, an active Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership is also required.
- Will I need to be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus member in order to play the console versions?
Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play.
- How do I...?
See our Controls page to get started. Other General Information is being updated to explain console controls.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!