The Alliance War is a feature in Elder Scrolls Online. It is the Elder Scrolls Online's Player vs. Player feature. In this page would be a description and information about the feature.
The Alliance War: PvP Overview
This is TESO's PvP. Players can access the Cyrodiil area and engage in solo/duo, small group, and large group PvP and compete for special rewards and titles, as well as temporary bonuses. The game has a system by which a player can be crowned Emperor, and obtain extraordinary abilities for a limited time.
- For a detailed Keep Defense guide, visit the Keep Defenses page.
- For guides on PvP by area, visit the Cyrodiil page
- For guides by class, see our PvP builds page.
Switching Campaigns (Home or Guest) will have a 3-day lockout timer associated with it.
All Campaigns that were running up until August 4th has been closed, and 5 new Campaigns are opening up:
- Bow of Shadows: 5 days Veteran Rank only Campaign
- Blackwater Blade: 5-day Non-Veteran only Campaign
- Haderus: 7-day standard Campaign that anyone can join
- Chillrend: 14-day standard Campaign that anyone can join
- Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join
If you were assigned to any Campaign prior to Patch 1.3.3, you will be given a free Home Campaign assignment on each character previously assigned to a Campaign.
After Patch 1.3.3 is deployed, you will be rewarded according to the placement of your Alliance within your Home Campaign.
- PvP Basics Guide - A guide on the basics of PvP, by NovalithESO
- PvP Survival Guide - A guide on how to stop Dying, by Dean The Cat
- PvP Build Guide - A guide on how to approach builds for PvP
- PvP Nightblade Cloak Guide - A guide on how to understand Nightblade's abilities.
- Keep Defenses - A guide on how to protect your keep.
Several major updates were given in the September 2015 update in Cyrodiil. It includes reinforcement to Scroll Temples, Campaign changes, and quality of life adjustments.
- Increased the underpopulation Alliance Point bonus that alliances receive 20% from 10%.
- Increased the Alliance Points received when resurrecting other player characters to 50 AP from 20 AP.
- Reduced the cost to re-assign your campaign at the end of a campaign to 50 Alliance Points from 100 Alliance Points.
- Increased the underdog scoring Alliance Point bonuses that alliances receive 20% from 10%.
- You can no longer travel to another player character that’s in a PvP zone.
- Campaign buffs will now be applied only in PvP zones.
- The Former Emperor buffs are being removed from the game.
- You will only get Emperor buffs while you are actively Emperor.
- You will be granted the Emperor skill line and abilities upon earning Emperorship, without the need to spend skill points.
- Anyone that has spent points in the Emperor skill line will be refunded those skill points.
- Increased the underdog scoring Alliance Point bonuses that alliances receive 20% from 10%
- Reduced the underdog scoring evaluation and application periods to 30 minutes.
- Underdog scoring bonuses will now apply triple the scoring points earned.
- Increased the amount of stone, food, and ore gathered at resources based on the “Gathered Amount” upgrade by 25%.
- Increased the amount of stone, food, and ore generated at resources based on the “Base Resources Increased” upgrade by 40%.
- Elder Scroll Temples now have a barrier around Scrolls which are up when their corresponding gates are closed. This barrier will drop only when the gates are open.
- The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 50% more damage reduction, 50% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength.
- Underpopulation scoring bonuses will now apply quadruple the scoring points earned.
- Reduced the minimum amount of player characters needed to qualify for the underpopulation bonus to 20 player characters per evaluation interval, which is 30 minutes.
- Reduced the cost of Full Grand Soul gems sold by vendors to 750 AP from 3600 AP.
- Adjusted the Line of Sight checks on ranged guards to aid in “stuck in combat” issues.
- The Keep Wall upgrade now gives 25% more hit points to walls and towers per upgrade level.
- There is a new camera setting available for siege weapons that will constrict the camera to the movement of the targeting reticle of the weapon. This can be found in the Settings > Camera menu.
Cyrodiil Campaign Changes
A large number of rule changes during the September 2015 update was given for encouraging different styles of gameplay within the campaigns, including non-veteran campaigns now lasting 7 days instead of 5 days. In addition, all campaigns will be reset, and you will get a free home campaign reassignment.
- Azura: Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate one point each per scoring cycle, and lasts 30 days.
- Blackwater Blade (non-Veteran only): Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate one point each per scoring cycle, and lasts 7 days.
- Chillrend: Keeps, outposts, and resources will generate zero points. Ownership of Elder Scrolls will generate one point per scoring cycle and lasts 7 days.
- Haderus: Keeps, outposts, and Elder Scrolls will generate zero points. Ownership of resources will generate one point per scoring cycle and lasts 7 days.
- Thornblade: Resources, outposts, and Elder Scrolls will generate zero points. Ownership of keeps will generate one point per scoring cycle and lasts 7 days.
Cyrodiil Reward Improvements
Eleven existing Item Sets have been expanded and made more available in Cyrodiil in the September 2015, and we’ve also improved the loot you receive at the end of a Campaign.
- The Rewards for the Worthy can now potentially include items from a wide variety of existing item sets and will include every level and Veteran Rank so they can be enjoyed by anyone of any level.
- We’ve significantly increased the amount of gold you get from end-of-campaign mails and from Leaderboard mails.
- If you are a part of the winning Alliance and have earned a significant amount of AP during the Campaign, you will also be awarded a bevy of loot, similar to the Leaderboard mails but of a lesser quality.
- These items will always be from one of the item sets found in the Rewards for the Worthy or Leaderboard mails.
- All end-of-campaign mail now includes a number of Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits.
- If your Alliance was in first place, you’ll receive 20 kits.
- If your Alliance was in second place, you’ll receive 10 kits.
- If your Alliance was in third place, you’ll receive 5 kits.
- Removed the Top 5% Leaderboard Campaign rewards.
Greymoor Expansion Update
Four new PvP campaigns will be opening with the launch of Update 25 (Harrowstorm DLC) and are all appropriately themed with the Dark Heart of Skyrim. All existing campaigns will be shut down, and players assigned to these campaigns will be granted End of Campaign rewards, in addition to receiving a free Campaign Reassignment. The new campaigns include:
- Blackreach: 30 day CP-enabled, Non-Alliance Locked
- Ravenwatch: 30 day No CP, Non-Alliance Locked
- Gray Host: 30 day CP-enabled, Alliance Locked
- Icereach: 10-49 Campaign
Note that these passive skills are not cumulative, only the highest rank applies. Specifically, Home Keep Bonus is replaced by Enemy Keep Bonus I, which is then replaced by Enemy Keep Bonus II, and so on.
If you do not hold ALL off your home keeps, you will not receive any of these passives.
did tur the alf
it won't let me leave cyrodiil campaign why
How many players can fit in a campaign anyone know? XD
What do I use my alliance points for?
I want to leave cyrodill and go back to playing regular. I have 10000 ap but it won't let me quit.. help please