Equipment in Elder Scrolls Online can be obtained in several different ways. It can be dropped by enemies and found in chests both on the landscape or in dungeons. It can also be crafted by yourself or other players, it can come from vendors in Tamriel or Cyrodiil, and it can come from Guild Stores.
There are several different types of equipment in ESO and all serve to help the player accomplish his/her goals in the world:
- Armor - Armor is what protects the player from Physical Damage. There are 3 different types: Light, Medium and Heavy. Each type can be worn by players of any Class or Race and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
- Weapons - Weapons are what determine the damage a player deals with Light and Heavy Attacks as well as abilities found in the Weapon Skill Lines.
In the case of Restoration Staff, this also effects healing of these abilities.
- Shields - Shields further protect the player from Physical Damage by boosting his/her Armor. One also tends to mitigate more damage whilst blocking with a Shield if points have been allocated in the One-Handed and Shield Skill Line to do so.
- Sets - Sets are specific named pieces of Armor, Weapons or Jewelry, that when used together grant the player bonuses which further enhance his/her abilities. Sets favor a whole gamut of different play styles and there are over 150 to choose from.
- Glyphs - Glyphs are powerful enchantments that can enhance your Armor, Weapons and Jewelry to be even more powerful. They add things like Health, Magicka, more Armor or more damage.