Dungeons in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) are isolated areas within the various locations featuring a large amount of enemies and at least one Boss. Defeating the bosses is usually required to clear the dungeon or complete any associated quests. Dungeons content is more difficult than the standard overworld activities. There are several types of dungeons with varying difficulties and requirements for group size:
- Delves - Also known as Solo Delves. Any player can enter the Delve at any time, and you will likely come across other players inside the delve, even if they're not in your group.
- Group Delves - Found in Craglorn, these Delves are harder than regular Delves and are designed for groups of 2 - 4 players. Group delves are instanced so you will only be able to see your group members within.
- Public Dungeons - There is at least one in each quest zone (exceptions are Cyrodiil and some DLCs). Each consists of a quest boss, several mini bosses and a group event boss. Any player can enter the Public Dungeon at any time, even if they are not in your group. You can earn a skill point in each Public Dungeon by completing the "group event" boss. Public dungeons also have achievements you can earn.
- Group Dungeons - These are much more difficult than Delves and Public Dungeons and are designed with 4 players in mind. Group Dungeons are instanced and feature tougher enemies and multiple bosses. The bosses in Group Dungeons often feature mechanics that must be managed by the whole group. They also drop Set Items. Group Dungeons each have a non-repeatable quest associated with them that will reward a Skill Point upon completion and each dungeon has a set of achievements to earn. Finally, all Group Dungeons have a Normal mode with a recommended level for entry and a harder Veteran mode which is accessible for players at Level 50.
- Trials - These are designed as endgame content for groups of 12 Players and are much larger in scale than any other dungeon type. Trials represent some of the toughest challenges for players with special mechanics that require teamwork and coordination to overcome, but they also present unique rewards that cannot be obtained anywhere else. Each Trial has Normal and Veteran modes, as well as leaderboards and their own set of achievements.
Elder Scrolls Online Dungeons Listing