Gates of Oblivion for The Elder Scrolls Online is the new theme of the game. It features a new chapter and new DLCs. Flames of Ambition releases on March 8th of 2021 for PC, Mac, and Stadia, as well as consoles on March 16th, 2021. While the Blackwood Chapter is expected to launch on June 1st of 2021 for PC and on June 8, 2021, for the Playstation and Xbox.
What is the Gates of Oblivion?
In the Gates of Oblivion adventure, you can explore a new storyline told throughout all of ESO’s 2021 content releases, including the upcoming The Elder Scrolls Online: Flames of Ambition DLC and The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Chapter. In this year-long saga, you will unravel the ambitions and schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon 800 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Gates of Oblivion Features
Upcoming DLCs and Chapter for the Gates of Oblivion:
- Flames of Ambition (March 8th for PC/Mac and Stadia* and March 16th for Xbox One and PlayStation4)
- Blackwood Chapter (June 1 for PC/Mac and Stadia* and June 8 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4)
- Unannounced Q3 DLC dungeon pack (date TBD)
- Unannounced Q4 DLC story zone (date TBD)
Flames of Ambition Features
- The Gates of Oblivion Begins: The epic Gates of Oblivion adventure opens wide with new dungeons that reveal the threat of Mehrunes Dagon and lead directly to the Blackwood Chapter.
- The Cauldron: Join two unusual saviors to penetrate the defenses of the Cauldron and stop the Order of the Waking Flame from completing their deadly ritual.
- Black Drake Villa: Gather your allies and explore a once-opulent villa in a race against time to recover a mysterious book before dark forces burn everything to ash.
- Remnants from the Deadlands: Claim powerful new item sets and special collectibles as you strive to conquer both dungeons and earn DLC-unique Achievements and honors.
Blackwood Chapter Features
- A new zone to Explore: Blackwood
- +30 hours worth of story content that follows the schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon.
- Blackwood Chapter introduces the Companions System, a new feature that allows the player to recruit NPC allies who will travel and fight alongside you.
- New delves, public dungeons, world bosses, and stand-alone quests.
- A new Trial, Rockgrove: Retake the village of Rockgrove from Daedric-worshipping Argonians in a new 12-player Trial. Battle through the town and put a stop to the invading tribe's rituals before they can call forth Mehrune Dagon's great army.
- New World Events, Oblivion Portals : Enter the Oblivion Portals, scattered throughout the region of Blackwood, fight your way to their heart, and shut down these mysterious Daedric constructs, lest they engulf all of Tamriel in flame.
- Earn, unlock, and find the Lost Relics of Blackwood. Acquire six powerful new gear sets, a host of dark collectibles, Achievements, items, and more!
Players can pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood right now to receive unique pre-purchase rewards at launch AND get immediate access to the game and both the Nagahide Welwa Ravager mount and Nightmare Bear Cub pet. But take note that the Nightmare Bear Cub pet is available as a pre-purchase reward only until March 17, 2021. Apart from that, players will also obtain the following pre-purchase rewards at launch:
- Dremora Kynreeve Outfit
- Deadlands Wamasu Pet
- x1 Iron Atronach Crate
- x3 Blackwood Treasure Maps
- x2 Experience Scrolls
Collector's Edition Rewards:
- Jewel-Feathered Sep Adder Pet
- Temporal Grimoire Memento
- Battlefield Nightmare Senche
- Deadlands Gladiator Outfit
- Offer Weapon Emote
Currently, Blackwood is available in the following editions listed below. The Upgrade editions of this chapter contain just Blackwood, which is ideal for existing players who already own the game and previous Chapters.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood - $59.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood CE - $79.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade - $39.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade Collector’s Edition - $49.99
The two Collections above include not only the Blackwood Chapter, but also the base game and every previous Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online’s history (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor), making it the perfect jumping-on point for new players.
Gates of Oblivion Gallery