|Developer||Zenimax Online Studios|
|Release Date||May 21st - June 6, 2018|
|Price||USD 29.99 (Not available in Crown Store)|
|Platforms||PC | Mac | PlayStation 4 | Xbox One|
|Genre||Online Role Playing Game|
Summerset Chapter is a DLC chapter for the Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). It launches on May 21st 2018 for PC and June 6th, 2018 for PS4and Xbox One.
New With Summerset
- Summerset (Zone)
- Artaeum (Zone)
- Abyssal Geysers (Group World Event)
- Jewelry Crafting (Crafting Skill Line)
- Psijic Order (NPC Guild Skill Line)
- Summerset Sets (Overland, Trial and Crafted)
- Cloudrest (Trial)
- 3 new Houses
- 2 new Styles
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is the next Chapter of ZeniMax Online Studios’ award-winning online RPG, The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). This new adventure in the ESO saga will send adventurers and their friends to the Summerset Isle, to visit and explore the ancestral home of the high elves for the first time since 1994’s The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Players will also be able to explore the island of Artaeum, home to the mysterious Psijic Order, a group of sages that predate the Mages Guild. Tamriel’s fate hangs in the balance and the heroes of ESO are called upon to save the world once more.
2018's Chapter introduces an enormous and stunning new zone unlike any other, a fresh skill line with new magical powers to master, an expanded crafting system to forge powerful gear, and the continuation of the epic and award-winning ESO story. With more than 30 hours of new story content to experience, The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset expands The Elder Scrolls Online in exciting and innovative ways, offering incredible adventures for both ESO veterans and those new to the game.
A New Elder Scrolls Online Chapter For Everyone
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset builds on ESO’s Chapter structure introduced last year with ESO: Morrowind. Chapters deliver massive amounts of new content and features that are equally accessible and fun for both existing and new ESO players.
- New Players: New players can jump right into The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset and start a character in a fresh tutorial and starter area, without needing to play previous ESO content. Since the original base game is included with The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, new players also have access to hundreds of hours of additional adventures throughout Tamriel. New players get immediate access to the full base game with any Summerset digital pre-purchase.
- Existing Players: ESO veterans will be able to upgrade and take their existing hero to Summerset to begin new adventures. No matter their level, existing characters will find level-appropriate content from the moment they step into Summerset.
- Haven’t played ESO in a while?: The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is a best chance to jump back into ESO and continue adventures or start anew. Players only need to reinstall the game, log in, and start playing again.
An Overview of Summerset Changes
Summerset Key Features
Summerset is a massive new zone filled with new characters, stories, landmarks, and adventures. Players will traverse a stunning landscape fill with tropical lagoons, forests bursting with vibrant colors, and grand cliffside vistas while visiting massive and gorgeous manicured cities that reflect the sophisticated tastes of the High Elves.
An All-New Skill Line
The secretive Psijic Order, the precursor to the Mages Guild seen in other Elder Scrolls games, makes an appearance in The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset. For the first time ever, the player will be able to travel to their home island of Artaeum and join the ranks of these mysterious mages to gain access to their mystical powers, unlocking powerful new abilities with the Psijic Order Skill Line
More Incredible Elder Scrolls Stories
Continuing the epic meta-story that began in 2015 with the Orsinium DLC Game Pack, players will once again face the Daedric conspiracy that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel. At the behest of Queen Ayrenn, who has opened Summerset to foreigners by royal decree, players will embark on a sweeping adventure to rejoin the infamous Khajiit spy Razum-dar, meet the mighty sages of the Crystal Tower, and fight for Tamriel’s fate once more. Amongst the beauty of the ancestral home of the High Elves, shadows rise and rumors spread of strange disappearances. A corrupting influence works to destroy High Elf society from within, and now, whispers stir of Daedric followers organizing in the shadows.
Jewelry CraftingThe Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset introduces one of players’ most requested features, an all-new crafting ability – Jewelry Crafting. Players will be able to forge potent new gear to bolster their power for their new adventures, leveraging their experience and resources to gain every advantage to succeed on their quest.
Summerset cannot be bought in the Crown Store, and must be purchased separately with cash in physical or digital form.
- All Pre-Purchases include Queen's Bounty Pack. This pack contains the following items:
- Court of Bedlam Costume: An exclusive costume with a sinister style, available to all classes.
- Pocket Salamander Pet: Express your inner newt with this non-combat in-game pet.
- Treasure Maps: These three ancient maps lead to caches of loot: gear, gold, and other forgotten riches.
- Psijic Vault Crown Crate: Open for a chance at Psijic-themed mounts, pets, costumes, and more.
- Experience Scrolls: Receive a 50% experience boost for two hours with these two Experience Scrolls.
- The Standard Edition includes Summerset, Morrowind and the base game and costs 60 USD.
- The Collector's Edition comes with a giant Mephala statue and other collectibles for ?? USD.
- The Digital Collector's Edition is ?? USD with digital pre-order bonuses.
- Existing players can buy the Upgrade Edition for 30 USD.
- Existing players can buy the Digital Collector's Upgrade Edition for 40 USD.
The PC Public Test Server gives access to a closed beta ahead of it’s May 21st release for PC. Typically the Public Test Server content is open to any PC players, but for the expansion they have chosen to make the Summerset content on the PTS invite only through this beta.
Participation in previous Public Test Server cycles was a primary determining factor for choosing invitees to this and future beta events so if you’re not selected and want to participate in future cycles, be sure to start using the PTS to test base game content. Those players chosen to participate will be notified via email and will be invited to a private forum area. Everyone who participates in this will be required to agree to an NDA upon entering the PTS.
The closed beta will include the entirety of Summerset and Update 18 which includes:
- The brand new story and zone, Summerset
- Changes to matchmaking and daily rewards for Battlegrounds
- Crown Store purchase of Morrowind and the Warden class
- The new Trial, the Cloudrest