|Cost||Chapter Upgrade: $39.99
Chapter CE Upgrade: $49.99
Collection: Blackwood $59.99
Collection: Blackwood CE $79.99
|World Events||Oblivion Portals|
|Sets Added||Blackwood Sets|
Blackwood Chapter is a DLC chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). Blackwood adds a location of the same name as well as the new Companions feature, and is expected to launch on June 1st of 2021 for PC and on June 8, 2021, for the Playstation and Xbox. The Blackwood Chapter follows the schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon and it takes place 800 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
What is the Blackwood Chapter DLC?
This major upcoming chapter, Blackwood, continues the adventure in the Gates of Oblivion. The Blackwood Chapter features over 30 hours of story content which allows players to explore a new side of Tamirel where they will find a diverse culture of the Agronians meets with Imperial ambitions.
Caught between the Argonian homeland and Imperial province of Cyrodiil, the region of Blackwood is beset by Daedric influence, and its people struggle to survive would-be tyrants and Oblivion-spawned evils alike. Including the Imperial City of Leyawiin (first featured in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion), the Niben Forest, and open wetlands of the Blackwood Bog, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a diverse land in strife, investigate the emerging Daedric threat, and discover all-new stories, challenges, and rewards not found anywhere else in Tamriel.
A Tale of Ambition
In Blackwood’s main storyline, players will investigate a conspiracy that involves the deposed Longhouse Emperors and uncover a deadly pact that reeks chaos for the people of Blackwood. It seems the Prince of Destruction, Mehrunes Dagon is behind all of it, but what exactly is his motive for Blackwood and Tamriel? This narrative begins with the Flames of Ambition DLC.
Fight Alongside New Allies
Players will now be able to fight alongside new allies! The Blackwood Chapter now introduces the new Companions system which allows a player to recruit, travel, and fight with this new type of NPCs. Take your time to get to know them as you uncover their story and share their background.
Blackwood Chapter Base Game Patch Features & Content
- A new zone to Explore: Blackwood
- +30 hours worth of story content that follows the schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon.
- Blackwood Chapter introduces the Companions System, a new feature that allows the player to recruit NPC allies who will travel and fight alongside you.
- New delves, public dungeons, world bosses, and stand-alone quests.
- A new Trial, Rockgrove: Retake the village of Rockgrove from Daedric-worshipping Argonians in a new 12-player Trial. Battle through the town and put a stop to the invading tribe's rituals before they can call forth Mehrune Dagon's great army.
- New World Events, Oblivion Portals : Enter the Oblivion Portals, scattered throughout the region of Blackwood, fight your way to their heart, and shut down these mysterious Daedric constructs, lest they engulf all of Tamriel in flame.
- Earn, unlock, and find the Lost Relics of Blackwood. Acquire six powerful new gear sets, a host of dark collectibles, Achievements, items, and more!
Players can pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood right now to receive unique pre-purchase rewards at launch AND get immediate access to the game and both the Nagahide Welwa Ravager mount and Nightmare Bear Cub pet. But take note that the Nightmare Bear Cub pet is available as a pre-purchase reward only until March 17, 2021. Apart from that, players will also obtain the following pre-purchase rewards at launch:
- Dremora Kynreeve Outfit
- Deadlands Wamasu Pet
- x1 Iron Atronach Crate
- x3 Blackwood Treasure Maps
- x2 Experience Scrolls
Collector's Edition Rewards:
- Jewel-Feathered Sep Adder Pet
- Temporal Grimoire Memento
- Battlefield Nightmare Senche
- Deadlands Gladiator Outfit
- Offer Weapon Emote
Currently, Blackwood is available in the following editions listed below. The Upgrade editions of this chapter contain just Blackwood, which is ideal for existing players who already own the game and previous Chapters.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood - $59.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood CE - $79.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade - $39.99
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade Collector’s Edition - $49.99
The two Collections above include not only the Blackwood Chapter, but also the base game and every previous Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online’s history (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor), making it the perfect jumping-on point for new players.
Blackwood Chapter DLC Gallery