Imperial City DLC was added to Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) in August/September of 2015 for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. It introduced a new zone called the Imperial City, that is located inside of Cyrodiil. In addition, many new Sets were added to the game, including new Crafted Sets, as well as 2 new Dungeons: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison.
What is the Imperial City DLC ?
Imperial City is a DLC for the Elder Scrolls Online which adds whole new location - the Imperial City along with the following items
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stones currency system
- Adds new Imperial City Sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelery and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)
How do I get the Imperial City DLC ?
- The Imperial City DLC game pack was launched on August 31st 2015 on PC/Mac, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
- The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
How to Enter & Leave The Imperial City ?
- Go to Cyrodiil! You can travel to your home campaign or guest to another campaign.
- Talk to one of your alliance's captains, and get the quest to go to the Imperial City. (You must get and complete this quest in order to get the Imperial City quest-line.)
- Aldmeri Dominion: Captain Mulamurr and Captain Seriril
- Daggerfall Covenant: Captain Durida and Captain Veranim
- Ebonheart Pact: Captain Alesace and Captain Rythe
- Travel to Lake Rumare in Cyrodiil and use one of the three gate entrances to enter the Imperial City.* Once inside the Imperial City, you'll be in your alliance's home base location—a safe area—in the Imperial Sewers.
- In your alliance's home base, you will find a general—talk to him/her to progress the quest you received from your alliance's Imperial City captain.
- Talk to the Drake of Blades in your alliance's home base to complete the quest, and begin your Imperial City adventure!
- If you leave the Imperial City by way of exiting the Imperial City Prison or White-Gold Tower dungeons, you will return to your alliance's capital city.
- To leave the Imperial City, you go through your alliance's home base in the Imperial Sewers, the same way you came in. This will return you to your home base in Cyrodiil (the same campaign you entered through.)
Activities in the Imperial City
The Imperial City offers many activities you can participate in. Whether you're interested in strictly PVE, PVP, or a little of both, here are some of the ways you might choose to spend your time in the Imperial City:
- Run through the White-Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison dungeons with three friends.
(You can also queue for these dungeons outside of the Imperial City, but you must have the DLC game pack.)
- Battle enemy-alliance players and Molag Bal's forces, including the Xivkyn,
in the Imperial Sewers and six Imperial Districts.
- Earn Daedric trophies from your monster kills to open Treasure Vaults—found around the Imperial City—
for Veteran Rank 16 jewelry sets and other rare finds.
- Play through the Imperial City storyline, started by the Drake of Blades.
- Collect Tel Var Stones by defeating Molag Bal's minions and enemy alliance players
—and try to keep yours from being taken!
- Enter the Imperial Sewers and hunt Trove Scamps for gold and crafting supplies,
and Cunning Scamps for Tel Var Stones.
- Search for Xivkyn motif Chapters to craft the new Xivkyn style armor and weapons.
- Get powerful new Veteran Rank 16 weapons and armor by completing the White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison dungeons (and the Undaunted Pledges for them), and Veteran Rank 16 armor sets by trading in your Tel Var Stones.
- Craft three new weapon and armor sets via the set-specific crafting stations found in Imperial City.
- Earn new collectibles by completing achievements, slaying Molag Bal's elite forces in the Imperial Sewers, and by trading in Tel Var Stones.
Imperial City DLC Gallery