Release a surge of elemental energy, dealing 1742 Magic Damage to nearby enemies. Fire Impulse hits Burning enemies with Impulse Afterburn, which deals more damage based on their missing Health. Frost Impulse also provides Minor Protection. Shock Impulse's damage increases based on the number of enemies hit.
Impulse is a Skill in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). This Skill is found in the Destruction Staff Skills Skill Line and can be unlocked by gaining experience while having a Skill from that Line on your active Skill Bar. Skills can be reset at Rededication Shrines found in the capital cities of each ESO faction, for a tidy sum of gold.
This Skill can be morphed into two different versions:
Elemental Ring - Deals damage at a target location instead of around you.
Pulsar - Applies Minor Mangle to non-boss enemies, reducing their Max Health. Triples the innate chance to apply the respective status effect.
Companion Skill Variant
- After Blackwood Chapter, you may recruit various companions to aid you in your adventure. They can also learn the skill of this name, but with different effects.
- Companion skill effect: Mirri Elendis releases a surge of Magic to enemies around them, dealing 5644 Magic damage.
Champion Points That Affect Impulse
- War Mage - Increase Damage
- Piercing - Increases Penetration
- Master-At-Arms - Increases Damage
- Bastion - Increases Damage against Damage Shields
- Fighting Finesse - Increase Critical Damage
Equipment Sets That Affect Impulse
- Any Sets that increases Magicka, Spell Damage will increase the damage of this Skill
- War Maiden Set does affect this Skill
- Glyphs that increase Magicka or Spell Damage will increase the damage of this Skill
- Major Sorcery, Minor Sorcery, Minor Berserk, Major Berserk, Minor Force and Major Force will all increase the damage dealt with this Skill
Notes & Other Useful Information
- Skill Line: Destruction Staff Skills
- Skill Type: Active
- Unlocked at: Destruction Skills Rank 38
- Update 7 (v2.1.x): Impulse (and morphs): Removed the 40% chance to afflict the enemy with burning, chilled, or concussed status effects.