Devastate enemy with an enhanced charge from your staff, dealing 1161 Magic Damage. The initial hit always applies the element's status effect.
Flame Clench also knocks back the enemy.
Frost Clench deals less damage, has increased range, applies Major Maim, immobilizes, and taunts the enemy.
Shock Clench converts the attack into an area of effect explosion.
Converts the damage over time into a new effect based on your staff type.
Destructive Clench is a Skill in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). This Skill is found in the Destruction Staff Skills Skill Line and can be unlocked by gaining experience while having a Skill from that Line on your active Skill Bar. Skills can be reset at Rededication Shrines found in the capital cities of each ESO faction, for a tidy sum of gold.
Builds that use Destructive Clench
Champion Points That Affect Destructive Clench
- War Mage - Increase Damage
- Piercing - Increases Penetration
- Master-At-Arms - Increases Damage
- Bastion - Increases Damage against Damage Shields
- Fighting Finesse - Increase Critical Damage
Equipment Sets That Affect Destructive Clench
- Any Sets that increases Magicka, Spell Damage will increase the damage of this Skill
- Glyphs that increase Magicka or Spell Damage will increase the damage of this Skill
- Major Sorcery, Minor Sorcery, Minor Berserk, Major Berserk, Minor Force and Major Force will all increase the damage dealt with this Skill
Notes & Other Useful Information
- Skill Line: Destruction Staff Skills
- Skill Type: Active
- Unlocked at: Destructive Touch Rank IV
- Update 7 (v2.1.x):
- Flame Touch: This ability will now knock back your enemy instead of stunning them.
- Shock Touch: Removed the area of effect damage, and added a 2.5-second stun.
- Flame Clench (morph): Removed the stun from this ability and added increased damage over time damage.
- Shock Clench (morph): Added an area of effect damage that applies near the target.
- Shock Reach (morph): Removed the area of effect damage from this ability, and added a 2.5-second stun.