Transmute Crystals are a type of Currency item in Elder Scrolls Online. These special items are obtained by players by completing Veteran Dungeons and Trials. Transmute crystals are bound to your account and cannot be traded, but can be used by any character in your account, same as gold. You can only hold up to 200 Transmute Crystals.
How to obtain Transmute Crystals
- Defeat bosses in Veteran Dungeons
- Defeat bosses in Veteran Trials
- Complete Veteran Undaunted Pledges
- Complete your first daily "Random Dungeon"
- Rewards of the Worthy in PvP
- Special rewards from Holiday Events
What are Transmute Crystals Used For
- Use 50 Transmute Crystals to change the assigned Traits of any of your Weapons or Armor in a process called Transmute
- You must go to a Transmute Station to achieve it. The Transmute station is located within the Clockwork City and requires the Clockwork City DLC to access
- Other players can change the traits on your gear so long as it is not "Bind on pickup"
- See the Transmutation page for further details