Quests are the main form of leveling in the Elder Scrolls Online. ESO features detailed questing with engaging backstories and motivations for your character as well as the NPCs. The voice acting also contributes to immersion, delivering a questing experience akin to that of the solo Elder Scrolls Games.
Questing by Area
DLC & Expansion Zones
- Wrothgar (Orsinium)
- Hew's Bane (Thieves Guild)
- Gold Coast (Dark Brotherhood)
- Vvardenfell (Morrowind)
- Clockwork City (Clockwork City DLC)
- Summerset and Artaeum (Summerset Chapter)
- Murkmire (Murkmire DLC)
- Elsweyr (Elsweyr Chapter)
- Pellitine (Dragonhold DLC)
- Western Skyrim (Greymoor)
- The Reach (Markarth DLC)
- Blackwood & The Deadlands (Blackwood Chapter)
The Main Quest of Elder Scrolls Online follows a level tiered progression. After exiting the prologue area, your character will roam in its designated faction and you will be called back to the hub at specific levels to initiate the next phase of the Main Quest. All of these events are instanced and solo, but some have the assistance of NPCs.
|Soul Shriven in Coldharbour||The Wailing Prison||Yes|
|The Harborage||The Harborage||Yes|
|Daughter of Giants||The Foundry of Woe||Yes|
|Chasing Shadows||The Harborage||Yes|
|Castle of the Worm||Castle of the Worm||Yes|
|The Tharn Speaks||The Harborage||Yes|
|Halls of Torment||The Halls of Torment||Yes|
|Valley of Blades||The Valley of Blades||Yes|
|Shadow of Sancre Tor||Sancre Tor||Yes|
|Messages Across Tamriel||Stirk||--|
|The Weight of Three Crowns||Stirk||--|
|Council of the Five Companions||The Harborage||Yes|
|God of Schemes||Heart's Grief||Yes|
|Cadwell's Silver||The Harborage||--|
|Cadwell's Gold||The Harborage||--|
Quests with Skill Points
Quests with Skill Points n Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) are the special quests that grant a skill point upon completion. Skillpoints allow you to advance your character by unlocking different abilities, granted to you through different skill lines. Some quests can grant you skill points, see the table below for more information.
See the Skillpoint page for more information on where else to get points.
- Each quest listed grants +1 Skill Point.
- Most of these quests are listed in sequence but many are part of long questlines that have prerequisites. Please see each individual quest page for details.
ESO Quests with Skill Points
- There are a total of 11 Skill Points granted through the Base game's Main Story Questline.
- There are a total of 49 Skill Points granted through the Faction Quests by Region. As of the One Tamriel update, these regions and quests are no longer locked by the player's Faction and all players may complete these quests.
- There are a total of 24 Skill Points granted through each Group Dungeon quest. There is at least one Group Dungeon per region.
- Quests are listed by order of the DLC's release date.
- There are a total of 63 Skill Points granted by the main questlines of all DLCs up to Markarth and 18 Skill Points granted by the Group Dungeon quests added by DLC up to Stonethorn.
- Note that the quests Broken Bonds, The Mind Trap and Bright Moons, Warm Sands are special introductory quests for new characters created while having purchased the Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr DLCs respectively. Each character can only complete one of these quests depending on which DLC Chapter the character was created in. Characters created prior to Morrowind cannot acquire these quests.
I just bought this game love it, BUT I find it extremely hard to follow quests markers with NO idea where to go!. Why can't there be a world map showing the quests on it clearly?. Markers of people you supposed to "talk" to are extremely confusing between your quest markers!. Some quests take you to a boat to another town and it's no where near and just shows you have to go BACK again!. This is really extremely frustrating running around for hours on end looking to finish a quest!
can i cansell quest ?
Butterfly's a retching
How do we complete it?
Can we have the Repeatable quests added to this list please?
wow this is just perfect!
I'm curious abour how many there are total?
Quests no longer require a specific level since One Tamriel