The Hidden Treasure
Dusant's Antique Dagger
The Hidden Treasure is a quest in Elder Scrolls Online.
I encountered the spirit of Richard Dusant, who died searching for the hidden treasure of Dresan Keep. He wants me to finish his search for the Keep's ancient secrets.
- Richard Dusant
- Collect Dusant's Backpack. Take the offerings brought in the backpack and present them to the proper Herald, which should open a passage under the well. Each Herald offers a riddle, matching the right offering from the backpack on each statue will ensure the opening of the passage. Take Richard Dusant's backpack and head up to the keep to find the three statues. Beware of the Bloodthorn cultists surrounding the area.
- Make Offering to the Herald of Thirst. Its riddle is 'The Demon of Knowledge bestowed a great thirst for knowing the unknown and recording the unrecorded. We remember this thirst with a Vessel which begins empty and must be filled with knowledge.' (Cup)
- Make Offering to the Herald of Memory. The Herald of Memory's riddle is 'History outlasts flesh. The mountain crumbles and the lake dries, but the map remembers. All history is contained in the Tome. Yet the Tome contains only truth, for that is what will endure.' (Book)
- Make Offering to the Herald of Illumination. The Herald of Illuminations riddle is 'Knowledge is light. It is the light of the candle on the book's page and the illumination gained through study. We seek enlightenment against the shadow of ignorance and the darkness of despair.' (Candle) Grab the skyshard next to it. If you place the wrong offering at any of the statues, the Price of Ignorance will appear and attack you.
- Find the Old Well. After making the offerings follow the marker to find the Old Well. The passage should be open now. Jump down the well and search the underground vault.
- Search the Underground Vault. In one of the rooms you will find another spirit, go forward and talk to it. He is the Keeper of Knowledge and he asks what they are doing here.
- Talk to the Keeper of Knowledge. In the library, the spirit tells you he is the High Librarian of Dresan Keep and charged with protecting the great treasure, the combined histories of the earliest days of High Rock. Their patron is Hermaeus Mora, the scryer of the heavens and he who determines the Tides of Fate. These treasures have been sealed away far too long. Hoarding knowledge is worse than hoarding gold, or so our patron has decreed. Here is the Dresan Index with names of all the volumes and scrolls the keep contains and give it to someone who can make use of it, such as a scholar of magic.
- Return to Richard Dusant. Leave the vault through the now unsealed door and return to Richard Dusant. He is really disappointed that there was no fabulous treasure of jewels or gold and that he died for a bunch of moldy old books. A cruel fate and he wishes he had a book before all this that would have told him what was in this stupid old keep.
- Trivia, player notes,videos, fan art and such go here.
- This quest is part of a chain.
- Next quest: The Dresan Index