Shattered and Scattered
I found a notice on the ground. It seeks explorers for an expedition into a newly discovered ruin. It may have belonged to the brother of someone named Mirri, based on the handwritten note at the bottom.
- Doomvault Vulpinaz — Help Mirri Elendis rescue her kidnapped comrades.
- Talk to Mirri just outside Doomvault Vulpinaz.
- Step inside, killing enemies along the way and use your grapple bow to clear a ravine.
- Talk to Mirri, then you can choose to either:
Just break the main crystal in front of you; or
Grapple up above on your right to break a linked crystal (a purple beam will indicate it's location), then jump down and break the main crystal to save the life of the trapped adventurer.
- Follow Mirri (and perhaps your new friend) through the door on the left. Talk to them.
- Follow the very linear path until you come across a journal. Read it, then talk to Mirri again before exiting.
- Grapple across, then make a similar crystal-smashing decision at this clearing, although now there are 2 secondary crystals if you choose to do them: one to the right, and one to the left.
- Step through the door on your left again, then speak to your group before continuing.
- Once you hit open air again, Mirri will run forward. See what she's discovered.
- Another two grapple points along a winding path and then another crystal choice. The door to escape is on the right this time.
- Ahead, the door is barred. There are switches, but the concept is the same as the secondary crystals. One right and one left you must grapple to, one in the center, and the locked door will open.
- There are many grapple points in this area. Careful of the lava. There is another crystal smash choice here, and the main crystal is above at the alter. The final exit is directly behind it. Escape with your comrade(s).
- Travel down to where Mirri (and the group) waits by the campfire. Speak with Mirri to receive her thanks, she will inform you that any time you call for her, she'll be at your side.
Notes & Trivia
- Requires the Blackwood Chapter DLC.
On the 3rd set of crystals, in the Doomvault Vulpinaz Lower Level, there is a tree with a message written in Daedric, these letters translate to the following:
Burn What Was Birth What Will Be
Taste The Fruits Of Cataclysm
His Name Is Change
Of The Old Make Ash
Four Are The Keys
Four Are The Ways
Blood Revolt Dagon Overthrow