The Sanctum Ophidia trial is located in High Craglorn added with a Craglorn patch in September 2014. Trials are special PvE group instances in Elder Scrolls Online, which can be identified by the icon. They have special mechanics and group tactics for 12-player groups to accomplish, and present unique rewards for players
Walkthrough & Strategies
Sanctum Ophidia Trial
The Sanctum Ophidia Trial quest begins when you enter the dungeon. There are 3 bosses the team has to battle during the trial:???
Sanctum Ophidia Recommendations
All Group Members
- CP rank 600+ for Veteran and Hard Mode
- 40k Health
- Appropriate gear for group buffs (Ebon, Worm) and damage buffs (Aether, Alkosh, Twilight, etc.)
- CP 150+ food
- Potions geared to magicka or stamina based character (weapon damage, spell critical, and/or spell power)
- Soul gems
- One group member with Retreating Maneuver skill slotted
- Nightblade Ultimates: Veil of Blades, Shooting Star, Fiery Rage (destruction staff)
- Sorcerer Ultimates: Shooting Star, Energy Overload, Suppression Field, Fiery Rage (destruction staff)
- Dragonknight Ultimates:
- Tank: Aggressive Warhorn, Magma Shell, Barrier
- DPS: Shooting Star, Standard, Dawnbreaker, Fiery Rage (destruction staff)
- Templar Ultimates:
- Healer: Aggressive Warhorn, Solar Prison
- DPS: Shooting Star, Solar Prison
1 Tank for normal and veteran mode
2 Tanks if you are trying veteran Hard-Mode
2 Healers is always best as you can provide more group buffs that way
- 10-11 dps: maximum of ? melee
Sanctum Ophidia High Level Walkthrough
Normal mode doesnt have much in the way of mechanics, you can pretty much take any DPS you like.Be sure to stack tightly so your healers can keep you alive through the minimal mechanics.
For vet mode you'll want a maximum of 4 melee to make it 'easier'. This is to ensure that you don't kill each other when bosses Varlariel + The Mage do their damaging attacks.
Some more tips go here
Boss 1 Possessed Mantikora
Boss 2 StonebreakerFurther Trial Tips
Boss 3 Ozara
Further Trial Tips
Boss 4 The Serpent For the final boss you can reduce the high damage from chain-lightening by having your melee DPS stack 2 + 2.
Your ranged DPS stand on the outer ring as much as they can.
For vet mode, its best to unsummon any Sorcerer Imp pets as they are also affected by chain lightening.
If you run a pet sorc build you can instead use the twilight at she isnt affected by chain-lightening as she is off the ground.
The tank should focus only the flying axes, and pull them to one side of the room.
Melee DPS should focus only the Main Boss.
Ranged DPS should focus the 'mini mage' as soon as it arrives, then get back to DDing the main boss.
Magika DDs can use light armour shield to walk into the explosive mines to 'pop' them.
At around 17% the mage will knock everyone down 3 times.
At this point you ALL run to the mage, stand in melee and burn down her last few %.
At this stage she will do huge ongoing raid-wide AOE damage, that needs to be healed through with healing springs.
Keep Warhorn up throughout for the extra HP.
Nova helps reduce the damage here, staggering 2 Novas over that last phase gives you almost 20 seconds of reduced damage.
- Location: Craglorn
- Sanctum Ophidia Complete
- Sanctum Ophidia Conquerer
- Time Trial: Sanctum Ophidia
- Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode
- The Serpent's Image
- Possessed Mantikora
- The Serpent
Set Drops (SO only)
Set Drops (All Craglorn Trials)
Sanctum Ophidia Maps