Nirnhoned is a Weapon/Armor Trait in Elder Scrolls Online. It can be crafted into an armor piece or weapon only at its creation, but can also be transmuted for (see below). This Trait can NOT be found on any Sets or dropped armors in the game, except for 1 quest reward.
Equipment Sets That Affect Nirnhoned
- Trait Type: Armor & Weapon
- Gem Used:Fortified Nirncrux (Armor) or Potent Nirncrux (Weapon)
- Effect: Increases Spell Resistance (Armor) or Increases Spell Resistance and Spell Penetration (Weapon)
- Armor/Weapon Sets With This Trait: ??
Notes & Other Useful Information
- One item is rewarded from "Dawn of the Exalted Viper" quest which is part of the story line for Craglorn. This item can be researched to unlock the item trait.
- Item is extracted by various resource nodes in Craglorn.
- Purchase Nirnhoned infused items from other players and guild traders in order to research more items.
(-Edit: Any trait can be replaced by the transmute function. A trait-change can be made at a transmute station (one is in clockwork city, and players can buy these stations to their homes) where the price is 50 transmute crystals and a weapon trait stone for the desired trait. The player must have researched the trait that they wish to have on the piece of the gear.
Transmute crystals can be earned in different ways, the most notable way is the first daily random normal dungeon and the three available undaunted pledges. One crystal will be given as a reward for each of these tasks. The transmute crystals are shared among characters.
The transmute station furniture can be purchased with writ vouchers, earned from master writs, from a mastercraft mediator-)