New Life Festival
New Life Festival is a seasonal Holiday Event in The Elder Scrolls Online, used to celebrate the holidays and the New Year.
New Life Festival Dates
- 2018 Dates: December 13th – January 2nd
- 2020 Dates: December 17th - January 5th 2021 10AM EST
- 2021 Dates: December 16, 2021 - January 4, 2022
- 2022 Dates:
New Life Festival - How to begin
Note: 100% xp buff collectible acquired by completing one quest. It is called Breda’s Bottomless Mead Mug.
Before you can partake in the festivities you will need to acquire the New Life Festival Scroll from the Crown Store. It is free, and does not cost any crowns. After acquiring the Scroll go to your Supplies and use the scroll to unlock the quest “The New Life Festival." You will need to speak with Breda to the south of Windhelm in Eastmarch (the city at the top of the map). Once you complete her requests, you'll have the opportunity to complete up to nine different daily quests, each themed for Tamriel's different races and located in their respective zones. These include:
- Castle Charm Challenge (Breton)
- Fish Boon Feast (Argonian)
- Lava Foot Stomp (Dunmer)
- Mud Ball Merriment (Bosmer)
- Signal Fire Sprint (Redguard)
- Snow Bear Plunge (Nord)
- Stonetooth Bash (Orc)
- The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile (Khajiit)
- War Orphan's Sojourn (Altmer)
- New 2020: Old Life Remembrance (Imperial)
2022 New Life Festival
The New Life Festival returns to Tamriel! Breda and Petronius are back to help you embark on a festive adventure across the world.
- As always, the first New Life quest you complete each day will award you Event Tickets (3, this year) and any completed New Life quests will award you a New Life Festival Box.
- This box contains an assortment of valuable and flavorful items, along with a chance for motif pages, style pages, furnishings, or special charity writs (Deep Winter or Imperial).
- Added to the Festival boxes this year are a chance to get a tradeable page of the new Evergreen armor style.
- The Impresario has brought back all of 2022’s morphing collectibles for the Soulfire Dragon Illusion. She also offers bound pages for the Evergreen armor style for 5 tickets each, as well as the returning Powderwhite Coney pet.
2021 New Life Festival
The 2021 event ran from December 16, 2021 to January 4, 2022. Much of the event and drops are the same as last year. Imperial Charity Writs and Deep Winter Charity Writs return, dropping Skaal Explorer and Rkindaleft Dwemer styles respectively.
New items include:
- Style pages for the Nord Carved Armor outfit style
- The Powderwhite Coney pet
The Impresario will have all of 2021's Unstable Morpholith fragments and morphs available for purchase. This includes the Profane Pedestal and Unholy Tablet, the final two fragments needed to obtain the Doomchar Plateau player house.
A minor change was also made to the Old Life Observance quest, namely the introduction of an Indistinct Spirit that may appear to players without any prerequisites.
Special 2020 Rewards
If you gift five Event Tickets from the in-game Crown Store, you will receive four free Akaviri Crown Crates.
Here’s how you can give and receive this New Life Festival:
- From the Crown Store, gift five or more Event Tickets to anybody in game
- You can find Event Tickets within the Events section
- You can split the gifts between multiple recipients (all five don’t have to go to one account)
- All five gifts must be made on the same server to be counted
- Crown Crate delivery date is TBD, but it will occur by the end of January 2021
Don’t forget that players can store up to 12 Event Tickets at a time, so your recipient may need to spend some before they can claim the Event Tickets that you have gifted them. When you receive your Akaviri Potentate Crown Crates, you’ll have a chance to acquire the rare and ancient relics of the once-powerful Akaviri dynasty, including mounts, pets, costumes, styles, consumables, and much more—a great way to start the year! When they are granted (keep an eye on our social channels for the latest updates), the four Crates will be added to your Crown Crate menu.
New Life Festival Rewards
The first time you complete a New Life Festival quest, you’ll unlock the Breda’s Bottomless Mead Mug collectible. This mug doesn’t only provide a nice swig of ale, but it also confers a two-hour 100% XP boost on your character! This XP boost will stack with any other XP bonuses your character might currently be enjoying (such as those from scrolls or ESO Plus membership).
- A random crafting material (Provisioning ingredient, Alchemy reagent, or Health glyph)
- A consumable version of a New Life-themed Memento
- A Skinchanger Style item (Wolfsbane Incense)
In addition, you will also receive one of the following:
- NEW 2020: Snowball Buddy pet
- A Skinchanger Motif chapter
- A New Life recipe of either green, blue or gold-quality
- A special New Life Collectible
- Mud Ball Pouch (Memento)
- Nordic Bather's Towel (Costume)
- Colovian Filigreed Hood (Hat)
- Colovian Fur Hood (Hat)
- A wide variety of furnishings: lights, lamps, and lanterns for your home to celebrate the Signal Fire Sprint
- Roguish Draughts of Stealth and Escape to celebrate the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile
If you're able to complete all the quests that Breda has for you, you'll receive a special new dye – New Life Cerulean – and the New Life Celebrant achievement. Completing all the New Life-related achievements will grant the “Magnanimous" title as well.
New Life Charity Writs
New in 2020, are Imperial Charity Writs—Complete to unlock pages from the Rkindaleft Dwarven Weapon Style.
As a part of your gift box rewards you will receive writs. These are exclusive to the New Life event and will task you to create simple furnishing items to donate. Completing these new writs you then need to turn them in at any writ location for its item type. Don’t worry if you don’t have the recipe for the writ, you can visit the relevant crafting vendor to pick one up.
By completing 12 Charity Writs you will gain the sparkly achievement of “Newly Charitable”, this comes with a Crystalfrost skin.
New Life Festival Furnishing Achievements
Furing the New Life Festival, you can make your house a holiday home with two merry new furnishings from Heralda Garscroft, the Holiday Achievement Furnisher. You can find Heralda in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, and Deshaan. Each new furnishing has a cost in gold, and requires a specific New Life Festival achievement to be unlocked:
- The New Life Bonfire – Available for 10,000 gold once you complete the “Snow Bare Plunge” achievement
- The New Life Celebrant’s Standard – Available for 2,500 gold once you complete the “New Life Celebrant” achievement
Special New Life Festival Crown Store Items
Crown Crafting Motif: Stalhrim Frostcaster Style
- The Stalhrim Frostcaster Style will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 15 to January 4.
“The most curious aspect of this Frostcaster clothing was its extensive use of an unfamiliar translucent blue-white material labeled 'Stalhrim,' a sort of crystalline metal unlike anything I've ever seen. It was so strange that I laid hands upon it, rubbing and tapping. It was rigid, faceted yet smooth, and gave off a distinct chill." —Doctor Alfidia Lupus
- Sun's Dark Winter Hood
The Sun's Dusk Winter Hood will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 15 to January 4. You'll be toasty warm even in Sun's Dusk with this festive furry hood, crowned with a spray of lucky mistletoe that will make you welcome everywhere.
- New Life Festival Cap
The New Life Festival Cap will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4. Celebrate the turning of the year and the return of Magnus the Sun in this festive New Life cap. With a bobbing ball of fur on the end of its tapering blue velvet wimple, everyone will know you're the life of the winter party!
- New Life Monk's Cap
The New Life Monk's Cap will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4. For those who wish to celebrate New Life without tawdry and garish display, ESO offers this more modest festival hat, well suited to austere monks, simple merchants, Resolutes of Stendarr, and holy knights vowed to poverty. Because New Life is for everyone!
- Great Elk
The Great Elk mount will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4. Though the Reachmen of Markarth say they were the first to successfully domesticate the Great Elk of Skyrim and break them as mounts, the Nords of Haafingar deride this claim, saying it was really all their idea. But you just want a majestic mount with a built-in hat-rack, so who cares?
- Ice Wolf
The Ice Wolf mount will be available on all platforms for a limited time from December 8 to December 12. The Ice Wolf of the far north can grow to tremendous size—which is probably why the Nords of Hjaalmarch decided to ride them. Domesticating giant Ice Wolves wasn't an easy task, but it's just the kind of challenge a Nord loves. Too fierce for you? Milk-drinker!
- Festive Horse
- White River Ice Wolf Pup
The White River Ice Wolf Pup will be available on all platforms for a limited time from December 8 to December 12. The Ice Wolves that lope along the White River of northeast Skyrim are associated with both the goddess Mara and the Wolf Totem of Atmora—but it's mighty hard to think about their mythic stature when you're rolling around in the snow with an Ice Wolf Puppy. Wurf!
New Life Festival Achievements
Unlocking all of the achievements for this event will unlock the "Magnanimous" title.
|Image & Name||Points||Title Reward||Dye Reward|
Catch five of each type of fish traditionally served during the Fish Boon Feast in Shadowfen
During the Trial of the Five-Clawed Guile in Reaper's March, unlock all chests in 35 seconds or less
Dance the Lava Foot Stomp with another player at each Stonefalls tavern
During the Mud Ball Merriment, share the joy of mud balls with each Alliance leader
During the Signal Fire Sprint in Bergama, light all signal fires in 35 seconds or less
During the Snow Bear Plunge in Eastmarch, leap into the freezing water with no armor equipped
After hunting to supply the Stonetooth Bash, complement your feast by drinking some Betnikh Twice-Spiked Ale
During the Castle Charm Challenge in Stormhaven, perform with another player in front of each crowd
While on the War Orphan's Sojourn in Grahtwood, donate both your time and your gold
Learn all of the New Life Festival recipes
Complete all New Life Festival celebrations across Tamriel
New Life Cerulean
Complete each of the achievements associated with the New Life Festival
Learn every chapter in the Skinchanger style book, occasionally found in reward containers while participating in the New Life Festival