High Iron Ore is a material used for Blacksmithing in The Elder Scrolls Online. Like all ores, it must be found in the field, or obtained from Hirelings, Writs rewards, or deconstruction of heavy armor or metal weapons. High Iron Ore can be found in reward boxes from Blacksmithing writs. Those writs may also contain survey maps, where you can find rich nodes for the material.
High Iron Ore
Metalworking Rank II
Box rewards for Blacksmithing Crafting Writs
- Used in Blacksmithing to make Steel Armor and Steel Weapons
- Refined in batches of 10 to obtain 7 to 10 Steel Ingots and a chance of Dwarven Oil and Trait Stones
- See the Battle Leveled page to understand how materials are found based on your character level and skill level.
- Mining a deposit grants 3 or 4 ores.
- Mining a Blacksmithing Survey deposit grants 10 - 12 ores
- Can be sold for 400 Gold (per stack)
- Player trade value: 800-1200g (per stack)