There are multiple versions of this dungeon, please click tabs to see their information, or go to their individual pages.
Elden Hollow is a 4-man dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online. It is located in Grahtwood, and is accessed through a ruined entrance slightly West of Elden Root. Players can use the Group & Activity Finder tool to easily find groups to tackle this dungeon with.
Veteran Walkthrough & Strategies
This fight is an interesting and fun one, even though it doesn’t hit that hard it is perfect for to teach dps aoe awareness. Overall the boss can be an easy burn with almost any group composition. The boss uses three abilities, the first acting like a reverse uppercut, instead of knocking the player backwards the player will be knocked to the group for a lot of damage unless it is blocked. The second ability the boss uses is an aoe overhand swing. The boss will follow the player it is aggro’d too, however if it is the tank, the attack can be easily mitigated. Note: This ability can help teach new dps’s awareness. Finally, the boss will cast a forward conal aoe attack that will damage and knockback anyone in front of them unless the ability is blocked.. This only does a quarter damage to dps so the ability isn’t much to worry about. Note: Again the forward conal aoe can help teach new dps’s awareness and it is suggests to fight the boss from the back instead of all around. The abilities have a loose pattern it follows and that helps determine what ability will be used next. conal -> overhead swing -> knockdown -> conal -> knockdown -> overhead swing
- Chokethorn can actually be a difficult boss especially if your dps’s don’t pay attention or your group has a low burn power (low dps). This boss as three abilities of note. First, like stranglers this boss will pull a player to it dealing minimal damage but is a pain and will interrupt rotation since there is a slight delay before you completely get pulled in. Next, Chokethorn will summon healing strangers that have low heath that start to heal the boss, it is minimal healing to the boss, however it does stack up. I’d suggest groups with low dps to have one dps work on the boss and the other dps kill the healing strangers because then the boss will heal faster than you can burn. Finally the boss has a large aoe attack that expands from Chokethorn. This ability will do about 90% of your health even through block and if it is aggro’d on you, will definitely kill you. This is a player awareness test because this is a large damage aoe and can wipe the group so if you want to train players on not to stand in “red stuff” this is an amazing boss.
- This boss is located patrolling in between one group of mobs. Before starting to burn the boss down you’ll need to kill all the adds because they’ll become a nuisance, furthermore let the tank taunt the boss so it isn’t running loose and attacking your healers/dps’s. Ability-wise, this boss definitely seems like the lightning brother to Akash gro-Mal. His abilities are composed of a sorcerer’s lightning form which deals barely any damage at all, a two-handed uppercut ability which deals decent damage unless it is blocked then it is almost completely useless and finally a mage fury like ability that the boss will cast down on himself, however unluckily for the boss this ability can be interrupted. Overall this boss has to be the easiest in the dungeon and a group should have no problems managing him and the adds.
- The boss was easily burnable after the Alit add was killed and most of the times the boss won’t even be able to hit you besides it’s single target bite. However for the sake of knowledge the boss has two abilities of any note. First the boss will jump up and smack down whoever it is aggro’d on, however once it jumps you can strafe to the side and completely dodge the attack. Then the final attack is a conal aoe and the boss will have a sucking animation then a chomp animation. Just like the first ability step to the side and completely avoid any damage at all.
- This boss has to be the best fight of the entire dungeon due to having a large set of good abilities and not too hard of a fight, however she can still wipe a group if they mess up. Her first ability is works similarly to lightning form except Canonreeve Oraneth will spawn a frost circle at her feet instead of turning fully to lightning, thus same effect, different visuals. Next Oraneth will pull back her hand and will throw a ball of poison at whoever she is targeting. It deals decent damage if the player isn’t being healed and since it is a ranged ability the player can roll dodge away from it. Generally after the boss uses both of these abilities she will cast a stun aoe at the players feet which will pull the player down, it can be dodged out of or the player will need to break cc. After a few seconds this aoe will spawn four Darkfern Skeletons that the group will need to aoe burn down. Finally the boss has an ability much like Chokethorn which will be casted an aoe that grows out from her feet. This ability will one shot players if they aren’t blocking or roll dodging out of. If this ability kills more than two people then she can definitely wipe the group. However, overall the fight isn’t the tough ESO has to throw at you but it makes for some good player awareness training.
Elden Hollow Information
- Suggested Level:
- Final Boss: Canonreeve Oraneth
- Elden Hollow I Vanquisher
- Elden Hollow I Conqueror
- Canonreeve Reaver
- Veteran Alit Slayer
- Veteran Darkfern Orc Slayer
- Elden Hollow I Survivor
- Elden Hollow I Assassin
Elden Hollow Map
NPCs in the area
Elden Hollow is a 4-person dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online. It is located in Grahtwood, and is accessed through a ruined entrance slightly West of Elden Root. Players can use the Group & Activity Finder tool to easily find groups to tackle this dungeon with.
Veteran Walkthrough & Strategies
Veteran Elden Hollow presents difficult bosses that must be overcome to finish the Pledge quests.
Finishing the regular pledge without the challenge will give you a 1 Key, and finishing with the challenge a 2 Keys.
Boss Mechanics: This boss is assisted by a set of ranged adds, called "frighteners", target them first. The boss also has a frontal aoe with fire damage.
Strategy: Deal with the ads first, calling the targets so your group can focus fire. The tank should keep the boss facing away from the rest of the group, and roll out of the aoe when it happens.
Boss Mechanics: Dark Root will summon bugs that drain your stamina and magicka resources, target them first. Once killed, the area where the bug died will buff one player within it for magicka (blue) or stamina (green). The boss also has a radiance attack based on party proximity.
Strategy: Target the ads first, kill them in separate positions and place your tank and your healer on the pools they leave behind. The party would ideally be ranged, so everyone can stay separated for the radiance beam. Hold Block when this happens, and ensure you are not near your allies or you will die.
Boss Mechanics: This boss has many ads that mind-control the player, so defeating them first is imperative. Azura also has a shout attack that will stun your party, but it can be interrupted.
Strategy: The party should focus on defeating the adds as soon as possible when they spawn. The healer can help with a charged ultimate. You can break the root and mind control effects if you are hit by them, and all in party should know to hold block when the boss executes a special move. It is a simple fight beyond this, if your dps can keep the ads down.
Boss Mechanics: This boss has a frontal aoe so it should be turned away from the group. The boss also spawns red circles that damage the player, but also turn white during the fight and become safe zones.
Strategy: Face the boss away from the group and roll out of the aoe attack. Stay close to each other and watch the ground for the red circles. Step out of them but stay near, as you will immediately have to go back to them to protect yourself from the damage.
Boss Mechanics: This boss has several adds and a large ground aoe. It is also reluctant to move, so your tank will have to be inventive.
Strategy: Ranged groups will have an easier time defeating this boss, but melee teams can also be mindful of the large aoe and roll out of it. With a good healer and some heals over time cast on everyone, and the right usage of block to prevent more damage when one cannot roll out of the red.
- Summons shades that mind-control the player. It can summon 4-6 shades per round.
- Casts a fire breath on tank that can hit for 20k damage
- Casts a tracking fire puddle on all party members that stays there every 20 seconds.
- Does a massive AOE stomp that clears all fire from the area but also deals massive damage to group. (Likely health threshold based)
- This boss does mostly fire damage. Vampires need a Glyph of Flame Resist - also advisable for any new VR1s in your party.
Recommended Group: 1 tank, 1 healer with some dps, 2 dps. If you want to do the challenge at higher VR levels, you can have 1 tank/healer and 3 DPS and burn through the heals the boss gets.
Strategy: Your party should have VR gear, health enchantments, fire resist and food. Start the fight spread out in corners so you can place your flame puddle out of the way of the tank. The tank should announce when the fire is happening, and you should wait for it to hit the ground under you and swiftly roll away. It will track you so do not roll too early. When shades start to spawn, you can ignore the black shades if your DPS can get the boss to jump at the 75%, 50%, 25% intervals, this will clear them before they cause too much trouble. But the white shades either need to interrupted when they're healing, or focused down properly. Use Break Free to escape the shades if needed, and once they have all been dealt with turn your attention to the boss. Watch the boss movements and run to the edges of the arena whenever a fire attack is due, so you keep the central area clean.
After a certain time/health has passed, the boss will lunge into the air. The healer should be ready for this by having everyone topped up and a bubble on the tank, and the whole party should hold block. As soon as the damage is taken, everyone should be healed up and the next wave of shades begin.
- Curveball: Someone dies - wait until everyone is safe and the shades are dead before you do this
- Curveball 2: The boss does fire and immediately after AOE cleanse - you are likely dead, better luck next time!
Challenge: The challenge requires that you beat the boss with his added healing minions. Experienced parties may assign 3 dps and simply dps through the heals, but newer players will instead want to kill the healing (white) shades first. The rest of the fight is the same, it's just longer.
Elden Hollow Information
- Location: Grahtwood
- Suggested Level: VR1+
- Final Boss: Bogdan the Nightflame
- Elden Hollow: Defeat Akash gra-Mal, Chokethorn, and Canonreeve Oraneth.
- Veteran Elden Hollow: Defeat Dark root, Murklight and Bogdan the Nightflame.
- Veteran Elden Hollow Banekin: Kill banekin in Veteran Elden Hollow.
- Veteran Elden Hollow Lurchers: Kill lurchers in Veteran Elden Hollow.
- Veteran Elden Hollow Speed: Defeat Bogdan the Nightflame within twenty minutes of starting Veteran Elden Hollow.
- Veteran Elden Hollow Undaunted: Defeat Bogdan the Nightflame after reading the Opus of Torment.
Elden Hollow Map
- Dubroze the Infestor
- Dark Root
- Azura the Frightener
- The Shadow Guard
- Bogdan the Nightflame
NPCs in the area
- Akash gra-Mul (Hostile)
- Canonreeve Oraneth (Hostile)