Darkshade Caverns is a 4-man dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online. It is located all the way at the southeastern edge of Deshaan. Players can use the Group & Activity Finder tool to easily find groups to tackle this dungeon with.
Veteran Walkthrough & Strategies
- Compared to other bosses, Neloren has a small Health pool, and to compensate for that she heals herself.
- Neloren casts a flame attack projectile which deals flame damage to anyone caught in it. Just don’t bunch up and you’ll be fine. Even if you did bunch up for the whole fight, I doubt you would ever die.
- Llothan periodically runs to different locations in the room. He will lift his staff in the air and summon 6 kwama adds with low Health. They can be, and should be, AOE’d down easily.
- The main threat of this battle is Llothan’s AOE attack which he casts in a small radius around him. Anyone caught in the red circle will take massive shock damage and get knocked down. This will easily be the biggest source of damage in this fight, which is totally avoidable.
- Llothan periodically casts pools of poison on the ground. You have a small period of time to get out of the spot. If you get hit by the poison, you’ll take poison damage over time. It’s not deadly, but does hurt.
- The main threat is Hive Lord’s massive AOE attack. He will stay still and slam his fists on the ground, creating a LARGE red circle around him. Anyone caught in the circle will take damage in pulses. The longer you stay in it, the more damage you will take. Getting hit by one or two pulses will not kill you, but staying in the red circle will.
- From time to time, The Hive Lord hunkers down to summon a bunch of kwama adds. These have very little health and can be AOE’d down easily.
- The Hive Lord also randomly jumps to distant targets and deals a bit of physical damage in the process.
- The Hive Lord has afrontal cone slam attack, which is very hard to avoid. You are not given much time dodge this at all. The tank should make sure the Hive Lord is only ever facing him.
- Cavern Patriarch plants a poison standard which deals a bit of poison damage to anyone in the radius.
- Be careful of the whirlwind attack he keeps channeling around him. Its not fatal, but it’s still a good idea to spread out.
- AOE the dwarven spider adds down first and then kill the Sphere.
Sentinel of Rkugamz
- The Sentinel sometimes starts chasing a random player whilst doing a whirlwind attack around him. Just kite him during this attack.
- When the boss gets below 25% Health, 3-4 dwarven spiders will spawn and run to random locations in the area. They’ll generate a green bubble / shield above them which will heal the boss if he touches the bubbles. As long as you don’t get close to the spiders, you can safely ignore them altogether and just burn the boss down.
- The Sentinel has a frontal cone attack which is very difficult to avoid. The tank should face him away from the group.
- Sentinel of Rkugamz sometimes stops to charge his weapon with lightning. He’ll mortar down pools of lightning on players’ locations. The pools will increase in size. As long as you are moving, you should not get hit by them. If you do, you’ll take a fair bit of shock damage.
Darkshade Caverns Information
- Location: Deshaan
- Suggested Level:
- Final Boss: Sentinel of Rkugamz
- Darkshade Caverns I Vanquisher
- Darkshade Caverns I Conqueror
- Well Out of Warranty
- Veteran Kwama Slayer
- Veteran Pit Rat Slayer
- Darkshade Caverns I Survivor
- Darkshade Caverns I Assassin
Darkshade Caverns Map
NPCs in the area