|The Elder Scrolls Online
|PC & Mac - 4th April 2014
PS4 & Xbox One - June 9th, 2015
Monthly subscriptions of $14.99
|PlayStation Network & XboX LIVE (Playstation Plus subscription will not be required but Xbox Live subscription will be required to play online.)
|The works in this wiki are a collaboration of global players to bring the best information, strategies, hints and tips for this game. Everyone is welcome to join and contribute information or simply chat, check our discussion forums and chat room to share tips.
The Elder Scrolls Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) set in Tamriel, the ancient land that includes the provinces of Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Skyrim.
ESO takes place during the Age of Heroes, 1,000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This is the time of the Interregnum between the end of the Second Empire with the assassination of the last Akaviri Potentate in 2E 430 and the founding of the Third Empire under Tiber Septim in 2E 897 (3E 1).
The Interregnum was a period of chaotic political change and constant warring between the various provinces of Tamriel as they struggled for dominance over the Imperial throne in the Cyrodiilic heartland.
Embark on an epic adventure to save the land from a seemingly unstoppable evil in a sprawling storyline that can be experienced on your own or with friends.
Elder Scrolls Online changed to Buy to Play on March 17th, 2015, rebranding to "Tamriel Unlimited". Please see the B2P FAQ for additional information.
Elder Scrolls Online has changed to support battle-leveling (auto-scaling) for all players and allow for cross-allegiance questing, removing several restrictions. This change was implemented on Oct 18th. Please see the One Tamriel page for details.
- The game is set 1000 years prior to the events of TES: Skyrim
- Players will have to choose between one of three factions.
- Races are unique to each faction, however each has an option for the three classic playstyles (combat, magic and stealth) - Races also have specific Racial Skils
- PVP will play an important role in the overarching story, with individual PVP duels affecting the overall Alliance War and ultimately leading to the lead faction controlling the Imperial City. Only when your faction controls the capital will players be able to challenge Molag Baal and his armies. At this stage it appears only in the province of Cyrodiil will we be able to fight against other players.
- PVP will encompass fighting enemies and capturing objectives--both of which will boost your factions overall score--as well as providing support to your army by setting up siege engines, reinforcing keeps and upgrading guards.
- Raids are out. Yes you heard me. Instead, after reaching the level cap new dungeons will become available and old ones will be filled with new mobs. If you've ever played Dragons Dogma, think postgame Everfall.
- Unlike most MMO's, skills and abilities in TESO will not run on a cool-down timer but rather expend a finite pool of energy (magick, stamina etc.). You may use these abilities as many times as you like, but once you deplete your reserves you will have to restore them using resources found in the game before you may use them again.