Are you tired of sitting in front of a keybaord having to rest your arms on a desk to enjoy your new MMO? Are your hands and wrists hurting from slaving away all day crafting new gear for you and your friends? Do you ever feel like you just don't belong? If any of this sounds like your life, then we have a solution for you! Here on Fextralife we strive to make your gaming experience better than it is. We're going to bring to you a whole new way to play The Elder Scrolls Online.
Here are the steps you'll need to take in order to play ESO with an Xbox 360 controller:
- Make sure you own a PC.
- Make sure you paid for your ISP this month
- Buy The Elder Scrolls Online
- Buy a wired Xbox controller. If you choose to use a wireless controller you may use a wireless dongle like the ones in these links: US Amazon / UK Amazon
- Download a third party program like Xpadder (which I am currently using myself) that will allow you to set up your button mapping. (It will cost you $10, but if you game as much as I do, it's worth it). I've tried multiple other programs and this one is the best of them. If you wish for a free program because you can't afford $10, then you need to get a job. JK srsly though....get a job. HA! Real talk though, if you wish for a free one, I can help with the setup of those as well, but you will be VERY limited on what you can do.
If you would like to save your self 5-10minutes of setup, you can download the mapping profile that I use here.
In order for these binds to work with Xpadder, you will have to go into the game control settings and change a few binds. It's best if you use the secondary bind so that you can still use your keyboard and mouse if you feel like it.
Here is the Key to your Keys (huehuehue, get it?):
- Left Stick - W A S D(movement)
- Left Stick press - Left Ctrl (crouch)
- Right Stick - Mouse cursor/look around
- Right Stick press - V (POV, Change from first person to 3rd)
- Left Trigger - Toggle between Set 1/2
- Right Trigger - Left click
- Left Bumper - Right click
- Right Bumper - Left Shift (sprint)
- LT+Right Bumper - 6 (allows you to roll without double tapping a direction, need to change in bindings and gameplay)
- X - Actionbar 1
- A - Actionbar 2
- B - Actionbar 3
- LT+X - Actionbar 4
- LT+A - Actionbar 5
- LT+B - R
- Y / LT+Y - Space Bar (jump)
- Dpad Up - E (action button)
- Dpad Left - H (mount horse)
- Dpad Right - Q (quick menu)
- Dpad Down - F (interact with players)
- LT+Dpad Left - Z (sheath weapons)
- LT+Dpad Right - X
- LT+Dpad Down - ` (weapon swap)
- Start - I (inventory)
- Back - M (map)
- LT+Start - C (char menu)
- LT+Back - K (skills)