Master weapons are rare drops that Elder Scrolls Online added back in September of 2014. Ability-altering enchantments are special weapon enchantments that players can find on weapons dropped as loot in the Dragonstar Arena or from the Serpent Trial on veteran mode. They can also be acquired as rewards from the Alliance War Leaderboards. Players who already have certain weapon abilities can use weapons with ability-altering enchantments to gain a special bonus on the following:
- Grand Healing: This ability will be able to restore stamina to allies in the area.
- Cleave: This ability will deal bonus damage on the initial hit.
- Puncture: This ability will heal the caster.
- Twin Slashes: This ability will deal additional bleed damage every tick.
- Poison Arrow: This ability will increase weapon damage when attacking enemies affected by Poison Arrow.
- Destructive Touch: This ability will deal more damage and cost less.