Furnishings are a new kind of inventory item that may be placed in a home, and can be identified by the word “Furnishing” on their tooltip. These function like any other inventory item until it is time to place them in a home.
- After you enter a home you own, you can enter the housing editor and start placing furnishings.
- Once placed, a furnishing is removed from your inventory or bank and is stored in the house, counting towards the maximum number of items that can be placed in the home.
- You can see how close you’re getting to the item limit through the housing menu which displays a House Information panel. From there, you can see the current and maximum value for Furnishings and Collectibles.
- You can place each object at any location and at any angle. The only limitation beyond the Furnishing caps is there is a small safe area near the main entrance which cannot be filled with items.
- Note that certain furnishings such as chairs and crafting stations may not be usable if placed at an unusual location or orientation (you’ll know if an item is placed in a bad location if it highlights red).
- In addition to furnishing items, you can also place assistants, mounts, non-combat pets, and a new category of furnishing collectibles called Trophies that includes Undaunted Busts.
- There are separate limits for furnishings, furnishing collectibles, and other collectibles such as pets or mounts.