There are multiple versions of this dungeon, please click tabs to see their information, or go to their individual pages.
Vateran Banished Cells Walkthrough
- This is the first boss of the instance and is fairly easy. It has several ads you should dispose of right away and than concentrate on boss’ abilities.
- Health leach – Boss casts a green line towards a random player and siphons health. I am not sure you can interrupt this ability. I would recommend your healer healing the affected player through this damage. Healers should keep their heals for this ability alone and players should be mindful of their healer’s position so they are in range of heals.
Magic Missile – This can’t be avoided and it is a low damage spell
Ice Tornado – You can dodge out of the way of this spell. It is a fairly slow moving ice tornado that leaves frozen ground in its wake. Just try and stay away from it.
- This boss is where new groups and PUGs usually wipe the most. HE has several high damage abilities and knowing their mechanics is the key to defeating this boss swiftly.
- Tail swipe – 360 degree AOE with a warning animation and telegraph. Just dodge out of the circle if you are close to the boss
Shadow clone – boss channels into existence a shadow clone of itself. The clone does as much damage as the boss, but is easily killed. The moment it appears most of your group should try and kill it or you should have a dedicated DPS to kill it in about three shots.
Charge and devour – The boss charges a random group member knocking them on the ground and starts devouring them (and their health) very quickly. The key to this is having either one of your teammates interrupt the devouring (if you are low on stamina) or you can use your break free ability (click both mouse buttons or right mouse button hold + left mouse button click). This costs half your stamina so try and keep your stamina bar filled for when you are attacked by this.
- There are a lot of adds you need to dispose off during this boss fight. The priority of the group at first should be disposing of low health mage mobs and then killing the higher health enemies. DPS should each engage different enemies so no member of the group is targeted by the whole room. Even if you die before killing the boss, try killing as many adds as possible, because they do not respawn when you wipe. Once the adds are dealt with you only have to kill Angata. He will summon his clannfear add and the group should make sure he does not disrupt your healer. Just full DPS the boss down.
- Hulking boss that summons three skeleton adds. You can easily kill the adds and concentrate on blocking boss’ hits and avoiding the AOE pentagram he places on the ground. I would recommend not trying to soak up his hits, because he hits quite hard. Blocking will help tons, but I would run around the room and kite him from a distance and avoid melee confrontation.
- Summon skeletons – He calls forth three skeletons that are regular mobs, but can be annoying to a healer. Have one DPS concentrate on killing them.
- Ground stomp – He starts an animation with lifting his leg and a red circle appears around him. Dodge immediately out of the circle of effect and stay away from that area because that AOE circle will stay on the ground for several seconds doing damage to whoever stays in it.
High Kinlord Rilis
- You need to destroy healing orbs that rush toward the boss from time to time. Your tank also needs to block every hit Rilis does, because his two-hander does high damage. The whole group should constantly avoid pools of ghost flame he summons from time to time.
- healing boulders – periodically you will see boulders rolling towards Rilis. If one of them reaches him he will be healed substantially. Have one of the group members (ranged) dispose of these at any cost before they reach Rilis.
- ghost fire – Rilis will cast these from time to time and you must move outside of them ASAP because they cause high damage
- magic bolt – Rilis shoots a random group member with the missile. Damage is not great, but it knocks the player down so it can be devastating in a pinch or when a group member is sent into the ghost flames
Banished Cells Information
- Location: Auridon
- Suggested Level:
- Final Boss: High Kinlord Rilis
Banished Cells Map
NPCs in the area
Banished Cells is a 4-man dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online. It is located at the northern tip of Auridon. The suggested level for this dungeon is 12. There are 4 mini bosses and 1 boss located inside, all of which can drop loot. The loot in this dungeon scales to your level. There is also one quest, Banishing the Banished, which grants you some loot and a skill point for completing (until recently this quest was bugged and could not be completed, it may still be bugging sometimes. Players have been making sure all in their party abandon this quest and re-pick it anew when entering the dungeon, and it seems to be working). You will receive 1 Skill Point for completing the quest here and 1 Skill Point for completing the Veteran quest.
Vateran Banished Cells Walkthrough
- Puts a Debuff on aggro’d target which causes pools of fire to spawn underfoot every second (this fire does not disappear).
- Ideally all DPS are ranged.Once tank taunts the boss, all others stand in middle of room (where the boss started).
- Tank slowly moves round the outskirts of the room with the boss, leaving a trail of fire in anice large circular pattern.If any DPS are melee, they follow along the side of the boss to avoid standing in fire (I recommend the inner side, so you are between the boss and your ranged party in the middle – otherwise you will find yourself stranded on the wrong side of a river of flame).
- If tank loses aggro and another player gets the Debuff, they should immediately run over to the tank and mimick his movements (meanwhile tank should grab aggro again and continue as if he still had the Debuff).Once the player no longer has the Debuff they can go back to their original position and tank should once again have it.
- Boss spreads a few shiny orbs which do damage if you are too close to them.
- Just stay away from the orbs, as the fight goes on, more will appear around the room but if you are careful it tends not to be an issue.Note that they do jump around throughout the fight though.
- Boss vanishes into an orb throughout the fight and adds spawn. First to spawn are 5 Scamps, the second time he vanishes it is 4 Winged Matriarchs, third time is 3 Clanfears, it then follows this order throughout.
- Make sure you have decent AOE, you must AOE the adds down fast as the boss is on a timer so he will not wait until the adds are dead, so if you are slow things can get messy.
- Most the adds are a non issue, the dangerous ones are the clanfears as their special charge or tail whip attacks are deadly – if you have decent AOE then that is fine, but if not then I suggest focus targeting each one down one at a time as for each one dead things get easier.
- Boss comes out of orb and does an AOE, more shiny orbs spawn.
- Try keep your distance when boss comes back after each add phase as very soon after coming out he does a large AOE.It is not hugely damaging, however the more people hit then the more of the shiny orbs that seem to spawn.
- As tank, if you have inner beast then when he comes out of the orb, taunt and keep your distance.If using Pierce Armor taunt then as soon as you taunt, be ready to roll away to avoid the AOE.
- A pair of Soul Harvesters doing what Soul Harvester do, so I won’t break down the details as it is the same as all previous ones you fought throughout the game.
- Make sure someone has an AOE to deal with the healing orbs that periodically spawn.
- As tank make sure you taunt both Harvesters (helps to have Inner Beast as taunt) and keep them turned from the party to ensure they are not hit by the Soul Harvesters powerful attack (the one where 3 spirits rip out from them in a frontal cone).
- Focus target one harvester and ignore the other.
- While attacking one harvester, a shield will form around it.
- At this point, swap over to the other Harvester and beat it down.The only thing to be vigilant about is ensuring you destroy the orbs that head towards the shielded Harvester – you do not want your hard work undone.
- When the second Harvester shields up, the first one can be attacked again.Finish him off (if your DPS is high enough, the second Harvester will be dead before it shields up).
- Bubbles a player and sends them high into the sky, then teleports to another spot in the room. When the player in the sky lands they will have a DoT on them.
- Can be advisable to have someone other than the healer to have at least some form of emergency heal just in case the healer is bubbled as they are taken out of combat for a few seconds.
- Upon landing, the player will have red or blue runes surround them and take significant DoT – there is a corresponding colored circle on the ground you need to run to in order to dispel it (upon entering the final room you may have noticed a large red circle on the floor, on the opposite side of the room is a blue one).Alternatively – Templar Purify or PvP Purge will clear it.
- After teleporting, a Daedroth add and 2 healing bubbles spawn where the boss himself initially spawned. The bubbles will move towards boss.
- Have a designated player chase down the orbs to destroy them – these are a high priority target as they cause significant healing.Have the tank aggro the add and lead it towards the boss and then everyone quickly burn it down.
- A random player will have blue flames placed on them and as they move more will spread.
- Just don’t stand still and try stay clear of everyone – also try avoid planting the fire all over the boss or you may irritate the tank or melee DPS.
Banished Cells Information
Banished Cells Map
NPCs in the area
- Manifesto of Kinlord Rilis XII
- 2nd Manifesto of Kinlord Rilis XII
- 3rd Manifesto of Kinlord Rilis XII
- The Binding Stone